Welcome to Xavier Mission!
Xavier Mission is a FOR-IMPACT organization providing basic services as well as opportunities for empowerment and self-sufficiency to New Yorkers in need. We prefer the term “for-impact” rather than “non-profit”, as we would rather be defined by what we DO than what we don’t do.
Since 1983, Xavier Mission has welcomed, served, and empowered our guests with dignity and respect. We operate six community outreach programs that provide a continuum of services to those facing difficult times.
- The Welcome Table soup kitchen, providing hot meals every Sunday afternoon
- The All Saints Clothing Room, providing clean, casual and professional clothing
- The Food Pantry, providing a shopping-style selection of foods for families
- The Fr. Ned Coughlin, SJ Men’s Shelter, providing a safe sleeping space for 12 men every night
- The Life-Skills Training & Empowerment Program (L-STEP), providing life-skills workshops, mentoring, a support group and trauma-informed services for individuals who have experienced homelessness
- The Financial Assistance Program, providing payments for rental arrears to help families and individuals avoid eviction
Each individual program provides an opportunity for our guests to take a step towards achieving safety, stability, and self-sufficiency, and works in collaboration with our other programs to offer holistic care and support.
Thank you for your interest in Xavier Mission. We look forward to seeing you soon!