Xavier Mission is seeking new members of our team to keep our operations running smoothly behind the scenes!
The Maintenance & Inventory Manager is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the Xavier Mission service spaces. The MIM is also responsible for maintaining inventory and managing the distribution of food and supplies. The MIM is a part-time position (average 20 hrs/wk) and reports to the Director of Outreach.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Inventory & Deliveries:
- Accepts deliveries of food and supplies, as well as non-recurring deliveries (equipment, etc.) as needed
- Manages inventory, including stocking shelves after deliveries in accordance with FIFO and filling out inventory sheets according to schedule
- Replenishes food and supply orders in accordance with FIFO
- Assists with ordering of food and supplies
- Delivers invoices and timesheet in a timely fashion
- Prepares for and re-stocks after the monthly food pantry
- Assembles emergency food pantry bags
- Replenishes shelter supplies
Maintenance & Cleaning:
- Maintains cleanliness of refrigerators/freezers and food/supply storage areas
- Maintains cleanliness of shelter, including rec room, sleeping area, storage closet, kitchen and bathroom
- Prepares shelter linens for pickup
- Performs repairs and maintenance of service spaces as ability allows
- Proficiency in English required
- Must be physically capable of lifting at least 30lbs.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid vacation/sick/personal days
Xavier Mission is seeking energetic, hard-working high school (junior/senior) or college students who are interested in serving their community and gaining valuable professional experience at the same time. The following unpaid internship opportunity is available:
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN:
Xavier Mission seeks a motivated part-time intern to manage and develop its Web and social-media presence. The ideal candidate is a journalism or communications student who can bring good writing skills, voice and creativity to the role. With the aid of a communications plan/calendar, the social media intern will make frequent social posts using text, video and photos to engage the XM community of guests, volunteers and donors in the Mission’s ongoing work and special events. Candidates able to make a year-long commitment are preferred.