Xavier Mission is a FOR-IMPACT organization providing basic services as well as opportunities for empowerment and self-sufficiency to New Yorkers in need. Since 1983, Xavier Mission has welcomed, served, and empowered our guests with dignity and respect. We operate six community outreach programs that provide a continuum of services to those facing difficult times. Learn more at www.xaviermission.org
We are seeking diverse leaders who support our mission, vision, values, programs and policies through collaboration, volunteering, innovative networking, and the creation of unique fundraising opportunities. We are particularly interested in individuals with experience in: development. strategic planning, communications, or social work/nonprofit services.
Board members will be expected to:
- Address issues that include, but are not limited to: strategic planning, development, fundraising, communications, and operations.
- Utilize their professional experience to provide vision, energy, and insight to increase Xavier Mission’s resources and effectiveness.
- Work together to develop and achieve our fundraising goals.
- Help identify partners who can leverage resources to further enhance the services provided by Xavier Mission.
- Attend in-person and actively participate in monthly Board meetings held in Manhattan and participate in at least one Board committee.
- Volunteer in Xavier Mission programs.
- Plan and attend events for the benefit of Xavier Mission throughout the year.
- Contribute in a meaningful way, through a combination of in-kind gifts, friend-raising, ticket sales to fundraising events and personal contributions, at an amount that is meaningful and significant to the member.
- Introduce the work of Xavier Mission to their internal networks through personal conversation, mail and/or social media in order to help increase awareness.
- Serve as thoughtful advocates for Xavier Mission, staying up-to-date on its mission, programs and events.
- Board terms are three years.
- Members do not receive financial compensation for service.
BENEFITS TO BOARD MEMBERS:
- Connect with community members, philanthropists, and corporations while making a difference in the lives of New Yorkers in need.
- Use their skills and experiences to create a significant impact for a cause they care about while connecting with like-minded peers who share their passions and ambition.
- Expand their personal and professional networks by meeting new people at meetings, fundraisers, and social events, as well as having opportunities to network and build relationships with leaders across an array of industries.
- Learn new skills beyond their professional expertise and gain new perspectives on important social issues.
If you are interested in applying for this challenging role, please submit a resume and a cover letter to Vaishali at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Dawn at email@example.com with the subject line “Board of Directors Applicant.”